Thursday, July 19, 2018

Sun Earrings

I made these sun earrings a few years ago, one of a series of 5 or 6, each set a little different. Different size, different metals, different stones. I first started my infatuation with sun shapes doodling on the edge of note paper in boring junior high school classes about 62 years ago or so. My love of the sun motif has led me to use it in drawings, paintings, larger metal work and jewelry since then. I wear a sunburst pin most of the time when I'm out in the world and I have sold dozens, maybe hundreds of pieces of jewelry that incorporate it into the design over the last 50 years. I don't get tired of making variations of it and people don't get tired of buying it. These earrings are made of copper and silver with black onyx tear drops and fresh water pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment